Virginia Engineering Online has ranked as one of the very Best Online Engineering Programs by U.S. News and World Reports for the fourth year in a row! Our graduate online engineering degree programs are #12 nationally and #1 in Virginia. Our programs have also been voted one of the 2017 Best Online Master’s in Engineering Programs by BestColleges.com, and a Most Affordable Top Online Master’s Degree Program in Engineering by Grad School Hub in 2016.
Earn your professional Masters of Engineering degree online from the University of Virginia – one of the top-ranked universities in the nation. We’ve been delivering accredited engineering courses to students electronically for over 30 years, making their dreams of professional advancement possible even while they maintain a demanding career.
We offer Master of Engineering degrees in:
- Chemical Engineering (#1 best value online Master of Engineering for 2017)
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (#1 best value online Master of Engineering for 2017)
- Systems Engineering
It’s all about the flexibility! Take your classes online in real time, or view lectures your convenience. Work toward your degree, or take a single class. You can even take classes toward your degree from one of our four partner institutions.
- Want to get your degree but don’t want to take the GRE exam? You can now apply and have the GRE waived! Check our Get Started page for full details.
- Classes planned for spring 2019 will be made available in October.
- Note to residents of Puerto Rico and California: The University of Virginia is working to comply with federal regulations that require it (and all other higher education institutions) to receive official state authorization to offer courses and degrees to students physically located outside of Virginia. At present, due to these federal regulations, UVA engineering can only accept students in approved states. Currently, California and Puerto Rico are not approved.
- Interested in a class we are not currently offering? Let us know and we will see how we might meet your class needs in the near future.
The information contained on this website is for informational purposes only. The Graduate Record represents the official repository for academic graduate program requirements. This publication may be found at www.virginia.edu/registrar/catalog/grad.html.