Virginia Engineering Online has ranked as one of the very Best Online Engineering Programs by U.S. News and World Reports (for the third year in a row!), one of the 2017 Best Online Master’s in Engineering Programs by BestColleges.com, and was voted a Most Affordable Top Online Master’s Degree Program in Engineering by Grad School Hub 1n 2016.
Earn your professional Masters of Engineering degree online from the University of Virginia – one of the top-ranked universities in the nation. We’ve been delivering accredited engineering courses to students electronically for over 30 years, making their dreams of professional advancement possible even while they maintain a demanding career.
We offer Master of Engineering degrees in:
- Chemical Engineering (#1 best value online Master of Engineering for 2017)
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (#1 best value online Master of Engineering for 2017)
- Systems Engineering
It’s all about the flexibility! Take your classes online in real time, or view lectures your convenience. Work toward your degree, or take a single class. You can even take classes toward your degree from one of our four partner institutions.
- Want to get your degree but don’t want to take the GRE exam? You can now apply and have the GRE waived! Check our Get Started page for full details.
- Spring 2018 classes are here! See the full details on the UVA Student Information System or email us directly for more information.
- Note to out-of-state students wishing to enroll in the University of Virginia’s online courses and degree offerings: The University of Virginia is working to comply with federal regulations that require it (and all other higher education institutions) to receive official state authorization to offer courses and degrees to students physically located outside of Virginia. At present, due to these federal “state authorization” regulations, UVA engineering accepts degree applications from students in the approved states, as shown in green on this map.
- Interested in a class we are not currently offering? Let us know and we will see how we might meet your class needs in the near future.
The information contained on this website is for informational purposes only. The Graduate Record represents the official repository for academic graduate program requirements. This publication may be found at www.virginia.edu/registrar/catalog/grad.html.